Top Tips to Generate Leads with Events
Whether it’s a rock show, a community event or a seminar, customer events are always a great way to generate sales leads. But to successfully convert attendance at these events into revenue, you need to have a good insight into customer behavior, ensure that the event you are planning is appropriate for the target customers, and that they will like it.
The different types of events you could organize can be broadly classified as online or traditional.
These help you interact with your visitors on the spot. According to Dennis Shiao, a virtual events manager, a virtual (online) event is an online gathering that facilitates sharing of information, interaction and collaboration. It may or may not include webinars. Just as you have trade shows in the real world, you can have similar online conferences and shows where several people participate. Since the variables involved are much lesser than in a physical event, the cost will also stay low, and that is its biggest advantage. Your only expenses will be the fees for using the platform to host the web event, bandwidth costs, and any content you get from professionals. Geographic location is not a barrier either. Shiao says that generating leads should not be seen as a one-off project, but rather as an ongoing process that comprises ‘individual discrete initiatives’.
These could be:
- Product launches
- Entertainment events
- Outdoor activities like marathons
- Educational events
- Product showcases e.g. Secondary Glazing Croydon
These events are not hard core sales events, the focus is on gaining loyalty of customers and spreading awareness about your products, promos, offers and so on, but displaying your products, or banners announcing offers and the like are sure to generate leads that you can convert into actual sales.
How to ensure that an Event CAN generate leads:
- Firstly, you need to be proactive, go to your market, don’t expect them to come to you.
- You can create your network either by starting with small events for Ex Military Jobs and building up or by aggressively marketing your current contacts list.
- The event HAS to be relevant to your target market, for instance, organizing a rock show if you are into baby products may not be such a great idea! The venue also counts, make sure it’s accessible and comfortable for the attendees.
- Send gentle reminders to the invitees to ensure a good turnout.
- The introduction has to be catchy, you can win or lose customers in the crucial first few minutes. Follow up with stuff your audience will enjoy and learn from and don’t just harp on your product. This will give you warmer sales leads.
- Concentrate on listening rather than speaking.
- Provide free samples of your products if you can, you could also organize simple contests or games and give your products away as prizes. Satisfied people are sure to come back to you as buyers.
- Provide boxes for attendees to drop their visiting cards or have volunteers to take down their info in a form
- Follow up your contacts
- Try to get well known figures from the industry or celebrities to make an appearance at the event, especially if it’s a seminar.
Apart from Events you can also generate leads through mass mailing of brochures, press releases, emails, telemarketing, and of course Social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and the like.
This article has been brought to you by MyTechHelp – a leader in providing support across various products brands and tech devices for individuals and small businesses in need of instant tech help.apple tech support