How Web Entrepreneurs Can Make the Most of The Upcoming Holidays!
How Web Entrepreneurs Can Take Advantage of The Upcoming Holidays!
Christmas starts in October; well really it started about a month ago! Every retailer expects to be busy, selling Christmas gifts and pinching the odd mince pie.
Shoppers spent almost £8 million in December in 2011, equating to an average of £155 per customer. Year-on-year, Online sales in December were up 30%, according to stats from MetaPack, as the last week before Christmas saw almost double the sales compared with last year.
Online Christmas spending didn’t stop at Christmas Day, where on the 25th 6.8m iOS and Android devices were activated, a sharp incline compared to the 1.5m new activates issued during the December Christmas run-up. In the follow-up, Boxing Day became the busiest day for online retail in the UK, ever, according to sales static providers Experian Hitwise.
How to market your B2B or Retailer at Christmas
With plenty of best sellers lined up, whether it is toys, gadgets like the iPad/Kindle, Conservatories Leicestershire or a sports biography, on the run up to Christmas, it is really important to get a head start when planning your online marketing for Christmas. Whether you are a specialist in online retail or not, your corporate site or ecommerce web shop, set up with some good hints in advance; should totally prepare for the Christmas period. Promotional discounts for the Christmas period, Xmas deals like buy now pay next year and free shipping equate to sending the customer out those spending signals.
Christmas tips for a happy new year!
- Celebrate with lots of Festive Season Cheer! – Fit your shop window with a few snowflakes, get out the Christmas lights! People love to fill up their stockings, and some quirky Christmas banners using HTML5 would be great on your website. Show up your best sellers, it will invite your customers in. You could really try on some A/B testing with this one!
- Have your sales team at the ready – Gather your little helpers and let your customers know how to contact you – Either by phone, email, social media, make sure you have your customer interactions clear though open paths from your website and through your e-mailers and marketing.
- Promote yourself on the Mobile – Creating a mobile version of your store would be fantastic, with plenty of people now owning a graphic tablet or smartphone, make a mobile store complimentary of your main website, with clear contact addresses, telephone numbers and links to your Twitter and Google+!
- Online Promotions – Sales codes sent through the post with product brochures and e-mailers promoting discounts; entice favourite customers, target-sell user-groups and promote free shipping offers and vouchers, trigger some spontaneity to get your customers shopping with you!
- Marketing Videos and Viral – The use of movie clips, either in a Flash or jQuery stop animation or digitally recorded in film give pivotal emphasis on decision making through a showcase that brings a highly responsive and enriching marketing user experience.
Reward your favourite clients at Christmas – use the 80/20 rule
With retail sales being good for online e-shopping, by compliment of a really tight marketing strategy, why not start thinking of buying some presents, your B2B, to send to some loyal and trustworthy customers? It is important to factor the 80/20 rule and consider who your most important clients have been this year, because they will more than likely be your best, next year, and the year after that!
Pareto’s Principle or Pareto’s Law (as it is sometimes named) can be a profitable management guide. It demonstrates that your margins and sales are gained via a loyal 20% of your clientele; accounting to 80% of all revenue. The remainder of your client base, 80%, who are timewasters anyway, won’t be your salvation when the economy hits hard. It’s an interesting fact!
Remember a small thank you to your best customers, as their trust, loyalty and friendship throughout the year needs to be rewarded! Think of some items that really could liven up any Chairman or Buyer’s desk. A Star Desk Award Paperweight, Silver Plated Classic City Business Card Holder, Silver Plated Regent Carriage Clock or Safety Mirrors, would all look perfect, just take a look, our Corporate Christmas gifts have all the quality you need to land on their desk in the New Year!
Perhaps as time ticks away, one thank you letter you could pop in the door, and bless you with all the gratitude, explaining why they like your business the most. Or finally, the lasting impressions of what makes your company stand out are revealed, all written in paper, as you find what makes you more unique!
Written by Daniel Vince of Corporate Gifts Co, promotional gifts Specialist Corporation.