5 Tools for Starting a Marketing Business
Starting a marketing business requires more work and strategic thinking than just opening a few social media accounts and following your Alexa ranking. After starting a marketing business, analyzing your success in reaching users is one of the best ways to improve your return on investment (ROI) and website click-through rate (CTR).
The 5 tools here will help you evaluate how users are getting to your site and many different activity characteristics that make the difference between a successful marketing business and one that’s not living up to its potential.
An online store is successful with each purchase you fulfill. A website is successful when users leave comments and link back to your site. Using the tools here, you can see your actual web ranking, find out who is coming to your site, what your bounce rate is, what keywords people are searching for and more User Experience Jobs London. By understanding how people find your website, you can develop strategies for targeting more users.
1. Google Analytics: Google has the highest global traffic of all web browsers so it would make sense to use this tool to see your own website ranking. In one place, you can analyze everything from your content value, exit rate and even test different versions of your website to see which one attracts the most activity.
Pro Tip: One of the biggest complaints about Google Analytics is that because your data is stored on their servers (known as a remote-hosted service), Google has as much access to your personal data that they want. Piwik is similar in functionality and appearance; and when you download this software, your information remains private.
2. Technorati: Technorati is the web’s largest blog directory and a real-time, blog-tracking search engine. This tool can help drive your targeted traffic, analyze how people find your site and provide data on search habits.
There comes a point when you have to tear your eyes away from your web ranking and get proactive about drawing in visitors that provide ROI. Across the board, marketing experts agree that without a strong social media presence, your marketing business will not reach its full potential.
3. Facebook: Right now Facebook is still the most ubiquitous social media site out there. Everyone from teens to grandmas use it to connect with friends, join groups that appeal to their interests and keep tabs on their favorite businesses – especially if those businesses offer incentives for clicking “like” and “friending” them.
Pro tip: Everyday millions of potential customers are plugged into sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, LiveJournal,Pinterest and Meetup. You might not have to have a presence on every last social media site, but not having a presence on the most popular sites could be devastating to your marketing business. Being at the forefront of these accounts can make a world of difference. Facebook gives a major advantage to it’s page creators here by giving them access to unparalleled data on the backend.
4. HootSuite: Just updating all of your social media sites can eat up hours, if not days. HootSuite allows you to post messages at one time to an ever-growing list of social media sites. You can schedule posts hours or days in advance, post from any device and create groups to target your messages more accurately. HootSuite also allows you to analyze your social media presence the same way Google Analytics evaluates your web ranking and activity.
The Business Side
Getting your business aspects of running a business under control early can make growth down the road incredibly less painful. Making sure your finances are organized Fixed Price Aviation as well can mean ensuring that you do not run into issues with payroll or invoicing.
5. Xero: Creating an easy way to manage your finances with online invoicing as well as mobile apps to monitor every penny, Xero makes it easy to ensure your finances stay organized. They have created a small business guide to invoicing that is a great place to start in to best figure out how to organize your payment and billing process.
I can’t stress enough how crucial it is to keep up with marketing business news. A tool like Google Alerts allows you to get frequent notifications on topics indicated via keyword search. By requesting every recent article and blog post on keywords like ROI and SEO, your mailbox will be inundated with links you can’t possibly keep up with.